Thank you SO MUCH to Hodges Herald for nominating me for this award! I am still in shock that anyone actually reads what I have to write.
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated and help spread the word about new blogs.
You must post 11 random things about yourself.
Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
Choose 11 blogs that you love (with less than 200 followers and link them in your post)
No tag back, but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!
1. I am a super human fast reader. Insanely fast. Like a book a day fast. (To clarify, this does not mean that I actually do read a book a day these days… cause it turns out I am an adult and I have responsibilities. Bummer.)
2. I have a 19 month old daughter who is hands down the coolest human being I have ever met.
3. My husband and I will be welcoming TWINS into the world in July.
4. I have been with my husband for almost 10 years. It was honestly a “love at first sight” type of deal. We have always just known we were supposed to be together.
5. I love love love America’s Next Top Model.
6. I have 10 ear piercings, my nose, and my belly pierced. Belly has long grown over, cause being 30 with a belly ring is not my style (no offense if it is yours!) Nose was taken out when I got an adult job and I miss it. I wore a tiny little stud and it rocked.
7. I am 5’7″. My husband is 6’8″.
8. I am the oldest in my family.
9. I always need covers or a blanket on. Even in the summer. I like the weight.
10. I mix applesauce with my macaroni and cheese. Always have since I was a kid. And these two babies are obsessed with it as well.
11. My favorite book is The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury.
Questions for ME:
1. What do you do to unwind?
I love doing puzzles. Not crosswords or number puzzles, just random ones from different games magazines.
2. Do you take summers off or work?
I used to teach summer school, but don’t anymore with my daughter. I do get work done for the upcoming year so that I am not crazy stressed before the school year starts. Then I still end up being crazy stressed before the school year starts.
3. Do you commute?
I drive about 15 minutes to work. Not bad!
4. What’s your favorite indulgence?
A nice dark beer. Not for a few more months though 🙂
5. If you weren’t a teacher, what do you think you’d be doing right now?
I was always interested in interior design and architecture.
6. Do you have kids? Do they go to the same school where you work?
I have a 19 month old and 2 more on the way. As much as a would love it if I could keep them with me every single minute of every day, the current plan is not to have them at my school.
7. Read any good books lately?
Juggling Twins… or Raising Multiples… or TwinSense… Not pregnant with twins? Then try The Night Circus. I adored it.
8. Cook nightly or dine out?
My husband or I cook most nights, but can’t resist going out or bringing something home every once in a while.
9. Night out on the town or quiet night in?
Quiet night in. 100%
10. How many “teacher bags” do you own?
I think just 2.
11. Six weeks or 9 weeks? or something else?
I may have total pregnancy brain, but I don’t know what this means 🙂
Blogs I am Nominating:
Writing to Learn to Teach
Axis of Reflection
Change Over Time
Flip! Learn! Share!
High Heels in High School
I know that is not 11, but many of the blogs I read are blogs that have been around for a while! I had a hard time finding how many followers these guys had, so hopefully they fit the criteria!
My Questions for You:
1. What got you interested in blogging?
2. How long have you been blogging?
3. Do you have any children?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite part about teaching?
6. What is your favorite candy?
7. How long have you been teaching?
8. What is your favorite hobby?
9. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
10. What is your favorite TV show?
11. What are you most proud of?